Saturday, January 7, 2012

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

Posted by: Courtney

Today we went to the World's Greatest Hobby Show at the Indiana State Fairgrounds.  When Alex was younger, he LOVED trains.  Although Sam has never quite had the same level of appreciation for trains, and Alex has almost reached the point of being "too cool" for trains, I took the boys today because what boy doesn't love watching model trains.  We met my Dad and Step-Mom there because my Dad has never outgrown his love of trains.  In fact, he's building a room in his garage for an extremely elaborate model train.  I'll have to take pictures of it next time we are out at his house and post them.  The show was extremely crowded, but there were some amazing trains to entertain boys of all ages.  One display had a moving parade, another had a carousel, and the Lego displays were simply amazing.  One particular display had $80,000 worth of Legos.  Wow.  That's a lot of time and Legos!  The title of my post comes from the fact that I let each of the boys pick one souvenir from today.  Did either of them pick a train?  No... Alex chose a Blue Angel jet, and Sam chose a monster-truck style school bus.  My camera battery is currently dead, and I've misplaced the charger, so unfortunately I don't have any pictures from today.  However, I'll make a trip soon to the camera store and pick up another charger.

While the boys and I were at the show, Matt enjoyed some precious time to himself!  What a concept!

No comments:

Post a Comment