Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Colds

Posted by: Matt

Do you recall those times in your life where a cold would actually keep you away from school or work? Yeah, me neither...who has time to be sick? You just sort of deal with it and move on to work, the bus stop....it is just a little speedbump. On occasion you get one of the monster colds...the ones where you can hear yourself chew, you know....even if it is chicken soup it sounds like you are at a Nine Inch Nails concert (which I have attended by the way...don't judge...it was college and damn fun!) or maybe chewing on nine nails. Anyway, the point is you are sick so how do you handle? I think there is a stereotype that men handle colds worse than women...and I am writing today to dispell that myth. Men don't handle colds worse that women...no way...they handle most everything worse than women. Stress, traffic, IU basketball losses, grocery lines (and on that note...who writes checks anymore..really a check? At the grocery? Really...come on...it is not 1998...do you take your bags back to your car and pop in a cassette tape? Let's start the campaign...no checks at the grocery store...violators are subject to reverse double coupons....and while we are here...10-12 items max at self checkout if if you don't know green onions are 4088...no produce for you...head to the regular check out lane my friend). So, colds...who needs them? Not me...but I have one...but on the plus side I have not complained and now is not the time to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment